Sunday, August 14, 2011

Kalamata Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes on Cream Cheese

This is a great, simple recipe that is great as a snack (as I use it) or as an appetizer for a party. You can mix all the ingredients together for a daily dip, or put the basil, olives and tomatoes neatly on top for a nice-looking kind of dip. Both taste great! When I first made it, I just put the ingredients on top of the cream cheese (pictured below). I didn't eat all of it, so I ended up mixing it together in a tupperware container to eat as a snack later! The cream cheese definitely tones town the saltiness of the olives and tomatoes. I had some troubles finding fresh basil, so I used dried basil leaves and only put in 1 tablespoon so not to overwhelm the dish. 3/5 This isn't something I'd make all the time, but it definitely will be made again! Oh! And I finally am remembering to take my own pictures again! They aren't quite as pretty as the ones online, but they're mine :)

Kalamata Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes on Cream Cheese
Kalamata Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes on Cream Cheese-adapted from Pillsbury.com
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Serves 10
  • 20 kalamata olives, finely choppped
  • 2 tablespoons, finely chopped, drained sun dried tomatoes in oil
  • 1 tablespoon oil from sun dried tomatoes
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, or 1 tablespoons dried basil leaves
  • 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
  • 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • Assorted crackers for eating
In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients except cream cheese and crackers.

To serve, option one: place softened cream cheese on a platter and spread evenly across. Spoon olive mixture over cheese evenly. Serve with crackers.
Option two: mix cream cheese and olive mixture together. Serve with crackers.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails