Saturday, December 29, 2012

Spinach & Artichoke Dip

I've definitely made a few different spinach and/or artichoke dips over the course of this blog, and that's for a few reasons.
1. I love spinach artichoke dip.
2. They're usually very easy to make!

For work this holiday season, we had a pot-luck and I chose to bring an appetizer. I knew I wanted to make a hot dip, and wanted to use the small crock-pot I received for Christmas last year! I haven't yet made spinach dip in the slow cooker, it's usually in the oven or cold. But now that I have done this recipe, I'm confident that any of my others could be put on low for a few hours.

I really liked this recipe because it used other veggies in addition to spinach & artichokes, which many of my past recipes don't. Mushrooms are always a good addition :)

Spinach & Artichoke Dip-Adapted from Taste of Home
Total Time: 2 Hours
Makes 4 cups
  • 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella
  • 1 can water packed artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
  • Bread, pita chips, or veggies for dipping
Melt butter in pan over medium heat and saute mushrooms until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.

Comine mayonnaise, cream cheese, 1 cup parmesan cheese, and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese in a large bowl. Add the mushrooms, artichokes, spinach and red pepper.

Transfer to a 3-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Cover and cook for 2 hours on low, or until heated through. Serve with bread, pita chips or veggies.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails