Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ribeye Steak with Whiskey Cream Sauce

Sometimes I don't know why I bother making recipes for steak. We just love a good, medium-rare steak with some seasoning and mushrooms and onions. This sauce didn't thicken very well for us and I don't know that I'd make it again. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't anything special to me.


Ribeye Steak with Whiskey Cream Sauce-adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves 2

  • 5 tablespoons butter, divided
  • 3 tablespoons diced onion
  • 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup whiskey
  • 1/4 cup beef broth
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup light cream
  • 2 ribeye steaks
Melt two tablespoons in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook until browned, about 4 minutes. Pour in the whiskey and add salt and pepper to taste. Add another tablespoon of butter and let bubble for 30 seconds then reduce heat to low. Pour in the cream, whisk and then simmer on low heat while you cook the steaks.

I prefer to cook steaks on the grill over a medium flame, about 4 minutes per side until done medium rare in the center. Season the steaks with salt and pepper before cooking.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails