Sunday, December 1, 2013

Chicken Taco Soup

One of my best food memories growing up is how much I liked Chili's tortilla soup. Don't ask me why, but it just always sticks in my head! I've been looking for a good taco/tortilla soup recipe and I think I found it! This recipe was super simple, and most of the stuff you will likely have on hand at home! I thought the flavors were fantastic, and you can always use hotter or milder salsa, depending on your taste.



Chicken Taco Soup-adapted from Family.com
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves 6

  • 1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded
  • 2 pounds black beans, cooked and drained
  • 2 cups prepared salsa
  • 6 cups chicken broth
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • Tortilla chips, cheddar cheese and/or sour cream as a garnish
In a large stock pot, combine all ingredients except garnish and heat over high heat. Bring to a boil and then simmer about 15 minutes, or until flavors are blended. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese and/or sour cream, if desired.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails