Thursday, August 8, 2013

Braised Beef Roast

This recipe was supposed to be a beef brisket. However, I couldn't, for the life of me, find a beef brisket at any of my grocery stores (I went to three!), so I settled for a beef rump roast instead. The flavors of this were absolutely amazing! And it was so simple to throw together. It barely took any time to prep, it just took awhile to cook. I think if I made this again, I'd try it in the slow cooker. The au jus was plenty and made the meal!


Braised Beef Roast-adapted from Best Fall Recipes by Southern Living
Total Time 2 hours
Serves 4-6
  • 3 1/2 pound beef rump roast
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1-14.5 ounce can beef broth
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/8 cup lemon juice
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 tablespoon liquid smoke (optional)
Season roast with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine all other ingredients. Place roast in a large roasting pan and pour mixture over roast. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and refrigerate 12-24 hours

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Bake roast, covered, for 2 hours, or until meat is tender. Uncover and let stand 20 minutes. Cut roast across the grain into think slices. Serve with pan drippings.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails