Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mango Loaf Cake

I was glad I came across this recipe while mangoes were so in season. However, in the end, the recipe didn't quite turn out. I didn't like the consistency or the taste too much. The pudding made the cake soggy. I actually threw most of it out. Don't think I'll ever really try it again. But if anyone else has better luck & wants to try it, let me know!

Mango Loaf Cake
Mango Loaf Cake-adapted from Taste of Home
  • 1 1/4 cups cold half and half
  • 1 package (1 ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
  • 1 loaf angel food cake
  • 1 medium kiwi, peeled and sliced
In a large bowl, whisk half and half and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in mango.

Cut cake horizontally into three layers; spread pudding mixture between layers and over top of cake. Top with kiwi. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails