Thursday, June 7, 2012

Creamed Corn

I remember creamed corn as a kid. I didn't like it. I know it's not the healthiest thing for you (just because corn is in the title doesn't make it healthy!), but this was actually pretty good! If I ever decide to ahve creamed corn again, I'm definitely making it from scratch!

Creamed Corn-Adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray
Total Time 15 Minutes
Serves 4

  • 4 cups corn kernels
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
Using a food processor, puree 3 cups corn kernels. Transfer to a small saucepan and stir in the remaining corn. Add the butter and cook over medium heat until hot, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cream and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails