Monday, June 4, 2012

Whiskey Glazed Carrots

I honestly can't remember the last time I had cooked carrots. I feel like whenever my mom would make them they would get suuper soggy so I was really turned off. I was intrigued by this recipe for two reasons. One, it's by the Pioneer Woman who I LOVE. And two, it has whiskey! In the end, it was a little bit sweet for me, but maybe I'll do less brown sugar last time. Also, my carrot pieces really shriveled up, so I think I need to cut them bigger next time too!

Photo Courtesy of the Pioneer Woman
Whiskey Glazed Carrots-Adapted from the Pioneer Woman
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves 4

  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into thick circles
  • 1/4 cup Jack Daniels or other whiskey
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add carrots and cook for 60-90 seconds. Remove from skillet.
Pour in whiskey and allow to evaporate 30 seconds. Reduce heat to medium, and add remaining butter. When butter melts, sprinkle brown sugar over the top. Stir together, then add carrots to skillet. Cover, and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
Remove lid and add salt and pepper. Continue cooking until carrots are done and glaze is thick, about 5 more minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails