Thursday, June 7, 2012

Creamy Mashed Potatoes

MMmmm mashed potatoes. One of my favorite foods. And I've gotten very good at making them! These are the Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes, and since I love her, I decided to try them myself! I even peeled the potatoes, which is pretty much my most un-favorite task EVER! They are good. Once again, not a healthy option (butter, cream cheese, half and half), but delicious! I served mine straight off the stove, but over on here website (here), she has directions for if you would like to cook them to serve in a day or two (like for a party). Might be good for a try! But these are delicious!

And I actually feel like I learned something new here. Mash the potatoes first before you add any butter or milk. I felt like they came out much more smooth than lumpy!

Creamy Mashed Potatoes-Adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves 8

  • 5 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
  • 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup half and half
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to boil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and increase the heat to high and bring to a full boil. Cook potatoes for 20-30 minutes, or until they are fork tender.

Drain the potatoes then return them to the pot and turn the heat off. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher, until all lumps are gone, about 2 minutes.

Add the butter, cream cheese, half and half and seasonings. Mix together again with the potato masher. Serve with gravy--or even plain!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails