Mole Chicken-adapted from 100 Best Chicken Recipes by Good Housekeeping
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 ounce can chopped mild green chiles
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
In a blender or food processor, puree tomatoes, chiles, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt and sugar until smooth.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until very hot. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken pieces to a plate as they are browned.
Add prepared sauce, chocolate and water to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until chocolate melts. Return the chicken to the skillet and heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until chicken is cook, about 30 to 35 minutes.