Anyway, cheesy potato casserole is a staple at almost every family meal I've been to. I've never seen it made in the slow cooker before so this was a first. It was definitely missing a little extra flavor, but overall, I'd definitely make it again! I added a 1/2 teaspoon of pepper to what I made. I think if I made it again I'd add a clove or two of garlic. When scott was heating it up, he added some ranch dressing and said it was good. I may even add some cayenne pepper for that extra kick! I added these suggestions in the recipe in italics! Overall, without the previous additions, I'd say this was a 3.75/5!!
Slow Cooker Potato Casserole
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken or mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups stuffing mix
Combine soup, sour cream, onion, 1/4 cup butter, salt, pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper (if desired) in small bowl.
Combine potatoes and cheese in slow cooker. Pour soup mixture over potato mixture; mix well. Sprinkle stuffing mix over potato mixture; drizzle with remaining 3 tablespoons of butter.
Cover; cook on low 8 to 10 hours or on high 5 to 6 hours or until potatoes are tender.