Monday, July 11, 2011

Asian Grilled Chicken Drummies

Sorry for the delay in posting. I've just been lazy, and truthfully, not in the mood. I'm still cooking and am going to post everything I've done the last couple weeks. I almost always forget to look at the recipe the night before I'm going to make it. I did that on this recipe and didn't realize it was a marinade. I did the bare minimum time frame, which turned out fine, but truthfully I think it would be better a little longer marinating.

We aren't allowed to use a charcoal grill at our apartment complex and we don't have a gas grill, so we often times compromise when it comes to grill recipes. I usually use the broiler or a griddle. This time I used the broiler. It would've turned out fine, but we got distracted and we definitely burned the chicken a bit. The not burnt portions were pretty good though!

Overall, we would give this a 3.5/5. It was good, but needs a little bit of work/we need to try it again. This time either on the grill, or making sure it doesn't burn! I did also substitute the chicken wings for drummies, but if I was going to make this for a large group, I would do the drummies.

Adapated from Pillsbury's 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Recipe book.

Asian Grilled Chicken Drummies

  • 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Thai red curry sauce
  • 24 chicken wing drummettes (about 2 1/2 pounds); or 3 pounds chicken wings
  • 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons chopped salted dry-roasted peanuts
In resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix teriyaki sauce and curry sauce. Add chicken; seal bag. Shake to cool chicken evenly with sauce mixture. Refrigerate 1 hour.

Heat gas or charcoal grill. Remove drummettes from marinade; discard marinade. Place drummettes on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 20-25 minutes until chicken is golden brown on outside and no longer pink in center.

Place drummettes on serving platter. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails