Total Time: 5 Hours 40 Minutes
- 1 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 package (.87 ounces) roasted chicken gravy mix
- 1 cup ready-to-eat baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 jar (4.5 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
- 2 cups frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 frozen buttermilk biscuits (from 25-ounce bag)
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
In 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, place chicken. Sprinkle with gravy mix; mix lightly to coat. Top with carrots and mushrooms. Pour broth and wine over top. Cover; cook on low heat setting 5 to 7 hours.
About 30 minutes before serving, add potatoes, peas and pepper; stir gently. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 25 to 30 minutes longer.
Meanwhile, heat over to 375 degrees. Place frozen biscuits on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with thyme. Bake as directed on bag. Spoon chicken mixture into bowls. Top each with biscuit.