Monday, July 11, 2011

Chicken and Vegetable Pot Pies

I've recently learned to love pot pies. I know they are super unhealthy (most times), but they are just so yummy! And the ones I find the yummy-est (I don't think that's a word) are the super creamy ones. This has no cream in the recipe. It's basically chicken and vegetables. I don't think I will make it again, but I wouldn't say it was bad. I just have other things I'd prefer to eat instead. The slightly different dinner rolls, however, were awesome! 2/5. Adapted from Pillsbury's Best One Dish Meals.

Chicken and Vegetable Pot Pies
Total Time: 5 Hours 40 Minutes
Serves 4

  • 1 1/4 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 package (.87 ounces) roasted chicken gravy mix
  • 1 cup ready-to-eat baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
  • 1 jar (4.5 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup dry white wine or water
  • 2 cups frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
  • 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 4 frozen buttermilk biscuits (from 25-ounce bag)
  • 2 teaspoons milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
In 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, place chicken. Sprinkle with gravy mix; mix lightly to coat. Top with carrots and mushrooms. Pour broth and wine over top. Cover; cook on low heat setting 5 to 7 hours.

About 30 minutes before serving, add potatoes, peas and pepper; stir gently. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 25 to 30 minutes longer.

Meanwhile, heat over to 375 degrees. Place frozen biscuits on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with thyme. Bake as directed on bag. Spoon chicken mixture into bowls. Top each with biscuit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails