Monday, July 11, 2011

Greek Potato Salad

We've been on a Greek-flavor kick ever since I made the Greek Chicken and Pasta back in May. I never really thought of myself as a Greek-inspired food lover, but I think I am! This potato salad definitely has some awesome flavors. Many of the comments on the Taste of Home website suggest substituting feta for mozzarella cheese. I personally enjoyed the mozza more, but you could do your preference!

We, once again, do not have a grill, so I steamed all of the vegetables on a large skillet instead. And I cooked the potatoes to almost done, and then I steamed the rest of the vegetables too! The one mistake I would say I did was not cutting the veggies small enough. Make them as close to bite-size as you can to fit the most in your mouth at one time! Yum! Overall rating: 3.5/5--we just need to perfect it!

Greek Potato Salad
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Servings: 16

  • 3 pounds small red potatoes
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
  • 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
  • 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
  • 1 medium cucumber, chopped
  • 1-1/4 cups grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
  • 3/4 cup Greek vinaigrette
  • 1/2 cup halved Greek olives
  • 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Drizzle potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Grill potatoes, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender.

Place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Serve salad warm or cold.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails