Total Time: 1 hour 15 Minutes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) carton fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package manicotti (14 shells)
- 1 (26-ounce) jar fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, cottage cheese, and the next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a medium bowl. Spoon about 3 tablespoons cheese mixture into each uncooked manicotti. Pour half of tomato-basil pasta sauce into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange stuffed shells in a single layer over sauce, and top with the remaining sauce. Pour 1 cup water into dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella evenly over sauce. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until shells are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.