Antipasto Salad-adapted from That's Some Good Cookin'
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 8 ounces spiral (or your choice) pasta
- 16 ounces giardiniera
- 1/4 pound pepperoni, diced
- 1/4 pound mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1/4 pound salami, diced
- 1 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup reserved giardiniera brine or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Cook and drain pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain the giardiniera, reserving 1/2 cup of the brine. Chop the larger pieces into bite-size, if needed.
In a large bowl, combine pasta, giardiniera, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, salami, kalamata olives, onion, artichokes, tomatoes and basil.
In a small bowl, make the dressing by whisking olive oil, reserved brine, salt, sugar, garlic salt and red pepper flakes. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.