So this is my first post back in quite awhile! I graduated college & moved to a town where I know no one for a job! Hopefully I'll be back to cooking 3-4 times a week :)
Easy Citrus Salmon Steaks
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 fresh or frozen salmon steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel or orange peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion (1)
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sliced crosswise
Place fish on the greased unheated rack of a broiler pan. Brush with half of the juice mixture. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork, turning once and brushing with remaining juice mixture halfway through broiling.
To serve, cut each fish steak into 2 portions and transfer to dinner plates. Sprinkle with green onion. Serve with orange slices
This is definitely not one of my most favorite dishes, but it was not terrible. I never used any of the green onions, so unless you are a huge fan of them, I would leave them out. I used orange peel and lemon juice, and I don't know if using the same combination (i.e. orange peel and orange juice, or lemon peel and lemon juice) would make it better, but it is something to try in the future :) I served this with a salad, the orange slices, and whole grain rice.