Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Herbed Lamb (or Pork) Kabobs

I do not have a grill and I live in an upstairs apartment, so I was kind of second guessing if I really wanted to try a 'grilled' recipe. I'm so glad I did! This marinade is absolutely delicious and I feel as though it would go well with just about anything!

I cut the recipe in half because it is for eight servings, and I live all alone. I like left-overs, but not that much! I also used olive instead of canola oil, and switched out the lamb for pork. I just don't have the money (and I couldn't find) the lamb! And after I started grilling I realized I would've really liked to have added mushrooms to the kabobs. I'm super sad I didn't and definitely will next time! I didn't end up using all of the reserved marinade, so I might cut down the spices and onion a little more, but keep the oil and juice as it got to be kind of dry.



Herbed Lamb Kabobs
Serves 8
Prep Time: 15 minutes + marinade
Grill Time: 20 minutes

  • 1 cup canola oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
  • 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
  • 2 teaspoons dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 pounds boneless lamb
  • 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
  • 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.

Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the lamb, onion and peppers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches the desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails