Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Raspberry Chicken with Baby Greens

This recipe is from Kare 11's cookbook and it was a wonderful spring/summer salad! The even better thing about this is that although the raspberries definitely add to the dish, if they are not in season the dish won't be ruined. The salad dressing I think would be great on any salad as well and I will definitely be making that again!

I didn't end up using close to all of the dressing mixture, so I would probably cut that in half. I honestly would probably add another chicken breast too. Again, not necessary but I liked the chicken a lot! I used red wine vinegar instead of the balsamic or raspberry because that was what I had in the kitchen! And lastly for my modifications-I added green onion to the salad. I wouldn't do this every time, but I have a bunch left over from the Citrus Salmon last week that I needed to use up. It definitely did not ruin the dish though (always a plus)!



Raspberry Chicken with Baby Greens
Serves 4
Total Time: 15-30 minutes 
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 6 cups mixed baby salad greens
  • 4-6 small red potatoes
  • 3/4 cup raspberry salsa
  • 1/2 cup balsamic or raspberry vinegar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • Fresh raspberries
In a non-stick frying pan, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink in center, turning once (add a little oil if needed for cooking). Remove 2 tablespoons of raspberry salsa and brush over top of chicken during cooking.

Meanwhile prick potatoes. Microwave potatoes on high 4-6 minutes or until tender; cut into quarters. In a small bowl, combine remaining raspberry salsa with vinegar and oil. Place greens and potatoes in a large serving bowl. Slice chicken into thin slices; add to salad. Toss salad with 3/4 cup dressing. Garnish with raspberries. Server remaining dressing with salad.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails