Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Crispy Oven-Fried Fish

I know the picture isn't pretty but I left the fish in a little long and it stuck to the pan and I had issues getting it out!

This recipe is definitely easy! I didn't think it had that much flavor so if I make it again, I might play around with that-or even add some lemon juice and/or zest. If you are craving fish and want something new to try from scratch I'd highly recommend it!

I used cod for this recipe, but as you can see from the other review on the link at Better Homes' website, the other person used catfish. I think you could use almost anything!



Crispy Oven-Fried Fish-adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves 4

  • 1  pound fresh or frozen skinless fish fillets, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
  • 1/4  cup milk
  • 1/3  cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3  cup fine dry bread crumbs
  • 1/4  cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2  teaspoon dried dillweed
  • 1/8  teaspoon black pepper
  • 2  tablespoons butter, melted   
Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Cut into four serving-size pieces, if necessary. Measure thickness of fish; set aside. Place milk in a shallow dish. Place flour in another shallow dish. In a third shallow dish combine bread crumbs, cheese, dillweed, and pepper. Add melted butter; stir until combined.

Dip fish in milk; coat with flour. Dip again in milk, then in crumb mixture to coat all sides. Place fish on a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, in a 450 degree F oven for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails