Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Greek Stuffed Chicken

I have been terrible at updating my blog. For that I'm sorry. I've still been cooking. Kind of. I've honestly just been lazy. It's been random stir-frys and tacos a lot. Can't complain, but wish I was cooking more new things. The only good thing is the stuff I have been cooking has not been getting posted. So I have a few days worth of posts to share!

The first one is an original recipe. When I create things from scratch, I'm not the best at measuring, so these are pretty much estimates. I'm trying to get better at that, but I promise you this was a delicious meal! Penzey's Greek Seasoning is one of my favorite seasonings now! It adds so much flavor to steak, chicken, you name it! It made this dish. The adapted from recipe is what I used as a baseline, but I didn't really follow the ingredients.



Greek Stuffed Chicken-adapted from AllRecipes.com
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serves 3

  • 3 chicken breasts
  • 2 tablespoons Penzey's Greek Seasoning
  • 8 ounces ricotta cheese
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 cup kalamata olives, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup tomato, diced
  • 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Season chicken with Greek seasoning. Slit chicken breasts open on the sides to be able to stuff. Set aside.

In a small bowl, mix the ricotta, egg, olives and tomatoes and 1/2 the cheese together. Stuff each breast with 1/3 of the cheese mixture, and hold sides of the chicken closed with toothpicks. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Top chicken with remaining cheese. Cook for 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails