Chicken-Asparagus Casserole-adapted from Casserole Recipes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup seeded and chopped green and/or red peppers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can condensed cream of asparagus soup
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped asparagus, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked
Heat oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add peppers, onion and garlic; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Mix soup, ricotta cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese and eggs in a large bowl until well blended. Add onion mixture, chicken, asparagus and noodles; mix well. Season with black pepper if desired.
Spread mixture evenly in prepared casserole. Top with remaining 1 cup cheddar.
Bake 30 minutes or until center is set and cheese is bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.