|Chicken and Dumplings|
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 14-ounces chopped carrots
- 14-ounces chopped celery
- 8-ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4-6 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 6 cans (14-ounces each) low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup (at most) flour, for dusting
- 1 container refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
- 1 jar turkey gravy
In a large heavy Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, celery, mushrooms and garlic. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
Add broth, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes.
While stew simmers, prepare dumplings. On a flour-dusted surface, roll each biscuit 1/4 inch thick. With a pizza cutter, cut the biscuits into 1-inch wide strips. Set aside.
Stir in chicken gravy into pot. Stir in dumplings a few at a time. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 10 minutes.