Monday, March 18, 2013

Lemon Chicken Breasts with Veggies

I have to apologize for not posting in so long. I got ahead on my posts in February and had them post automatically, so then I just got lazy! The chicken in this recipe was very tender, it did make a lot, however. I used chicken thighs instead of bone-in breasts, and that is something I will likely not do again. I'm still posting this as I'd like to try with chicken breasts at a later date. And for some reason it was very watery, but still tasted good!

Lemon Chicken Breasts with Veggies
Lemon Chicken Breasts with Veggies-adapted from Taste of Home
Total Time: 8 hours
Serves 6

  • 1 pound baby carrots
  • 3 cups cubed red potatoes
  • 14 ounces frozen pearl onions, thawed
  • 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
  • 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
  • 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine carrots, potatoes, onions and celery in a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Top with chicken. Combine the soup, water, lemon juice, thyme, pepper and salt; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails