Monday, March 25, 2013

Sausage Pizza

Making homemade pizza is much more fun than ordering out! And you can make it exactly how you like it-lots of cheese, little sauce for myself! I haven't yet ventured to making my own pizza dough, but the refrigerated stuff still comes out pretty good!

Italian sausage has such great flavor that it's all I use whenever I make pasta instead of ground beef. Having it on pizza is one of my favorite toppings! This pizza has all my favorite toppings-mushrooms and black olives-as well!

Sausage Pizza-adapted from Taste of Home
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves 8
  • 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
  • 1 pound Italian sausage
  • 1/2 cup sliced onion
  • 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
  • 3 ounces sliced black olives
  • 1/2 cup pizza sauce
  • 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and mushrooms over medium heat until browned; drain.

Grease baking pan or pizza stone, and lay out pizza dough evenly. Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with sausage mixture and black olives. Evenly sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails