Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Fruit Stuffed Pork Roast

When I first started cooking, I got this cook book from my mother. I went through the cookbook and put an 'x' next to all the recipes I was too afraid to try. I didn't want to try them because of multiple reasons: they had ingredients I wasn't familiar with, ingredients that I thought I didn't like, or just seemed too hard in general. Well, I've gotten over most of those fears and tried a recipe!

I didn't have any kitchen twine, so the picture doesn't look all that great, but the flavors were there and I'd make it again!


Fruit Stuff Pork Roast-adapted from New Slow Cooker Meals by Betty Crocker
Total Time: 6 hours
Serves 8

  • 2 pound boneless pork loin roast
  • 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted
  • 1 cup prepared stuffing
  • 1 cup diced dried fruit and rasin mixture
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1/2 cup apple juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Cut horizontally down center length of pork to within 3/4 inch of opposite side. Open flat. From center, cut horizontally to within 3/4 inch from left side edge. Turn pork; repeat cutting to other side; open flat.

Mix mustard and butter in a small bowl. Spread half the mixture on inside surface of pork. Mix stuffing and fruit in another small bowl; spread over mustard coated surface. Roll roast; tie with kitchen twine. Spread remaining mustard mixture over outside of roast and rub with brown sugar.

Heat oil in a 12 inch nonstick pan over medium high heat. Cook pork in oil until brown on all sides. Place pork in a greased 5 quart slow cooker. Pour apple juice into skillet and cook 2-3 minutes to dissolve any remnants. Stir in salt and pepper and pour over pork.

Cook on low heat 6 to 8 hours or until pork is tender.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails