Sunday, July 7, 2013

Homemade Pizza Sauce

More often than not, I probably go for convenience over making it myself when it comes to sauces. The revelation I had with this pizza sauce may have changed that. Just the fact that a 12 ounce jar of pizza sauce is somewhere between $2-3, now blows my mind. The 15 ounce can of tomato sauce is $0.59, and I have all the other ingredients in my pantry at all times. Why would I spend more than FOUR TIMES the amount of money, just so I can pull it out of my pantry. And this was so quick and easy it was unbelievable.

Homemade Pizza Sauce-adapted from The $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook by Erin Chase
Total Time: 10 minutes
Makes 2 cups

  • 15 ounce can tomato sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 2 teaspoon canola oil
In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes. Spread on pizza crust as desired.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails