Saturday, July 31, 2010

French Tarragon Burgers

I loved this recipe! The mayo spread is extremely tasty! I forgot I was only going to make half of the recipe and made the normal amount of the mayo-so now I think I'm going to use it for sandwiches as well! I don't have a grill so I just made the burgers on a stove top and they were still amazing!

I used ground turkey instead of beef since it was what I had on hand. And the buns are just bread because the french bread I bought got old and hard, but it still ended up delicious! I also omitted the spring mix salad-although I think it can only add to the dish!



French Tarragon Burgers
 Serves 6
Total Time: 30 minutes
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 3 teaspoons chopped shallot, divided
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 loaves (1 pound and 20 inches each) unsliced French bread
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 pounds ground beef
  • 4 cups spring mix salad greens
 In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, 1 teaspoon shallot, tarragon and garlic; cover and refrigerate.

Meanwhile, cut one loaf of bread into five 4-in. pieces. Cut one 4-in. piece from the second loaf; set aside remaining bread for another use. Cut bread pieces in half horizontally; set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the salt, pepper and remaining shallot. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties.

Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.

Grill bread, cut side down, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Spread with mayonnaise mixture. Layer bread bottoms with greens and burgers. Replace tops.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails