Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Quick Pizza Casserole

I haven't completely decided how much I like this dish, but I know it wasn't bad.  I used less cheese than the recipe called for, but probably should have used all 8 ounces and it would've been a little better! I did not have pizza sauce on hand, but used a mushroom & green pepper spaghetti sauce instead, which may have made a difference in the dish.  I also used turkey instead of beef, because it tastes the same and it's a little bit healthier!!  I cooked it a little bit longer than stated because the biscuit mix did not seem to cook thoroughly within the first 30 minutes.

I would definitely add to this dish. Pepperoni to make it a real pizza casserole, or mushrooms (just because I love them!), or any other pizza topping (olives, onions, you get the idea).

Quick Pizza Casserole
  • 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
  • 14 ounce jar pizza sauce
  • 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 3/4 cup biscuit baking mix
  • 1 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
Place beef in an ungreased 8"x8" baking pan; top with pizza sauce and cheese. Combine baking mix, milk and eggs in a mixing bowl; stir well until smooth. Pour over cheese; bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until golden on top.

3 comments:

Felds said...

Umm...if your turkey tastes like beef, there's something wrong.

Unknown said...

Oh Felds. Ground turkey tastes the same as ground beef, just a little leaner! Have you never had turkey burgers!?

Felds said...

I have, but I never thought ground turkey tasted the same as ground beef.

Of course, that may have something to do with the fact that I get my beef from my parent's farm.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails