Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mustard-Marinated Steak

I was slightly worried about making this recipe. I'm not a huge mustard or Italian fan, but thought I would give it a whirl anyway. I was awesomely surprised! The marinade is super easy and cheap, and it just gives the steak even more flavor. Again, I don't have a grill, so made it on a flat top but it still turned out delicious! The original recipe from Better Homes & Gardens calls for yam fries, which I did not make (I made mashed potatoes instead).



Mustard-Marinated Steak
Marinate: 2 hours
Cook time: 17 minutes
  • 1 1/4-1 1/2 pound beef flank steak
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
  • 1/2 cup yellow mustard
Trim fat from steak. Rub pepper into steak. Place steak in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.

For marinade, in a small bowl stir together Italian dressing and mustard. Pour marinade over steak; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2-24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain steak, reserving marinade.

Grill steak to medium doneness, turning and brushing once with marinade half-way through grilling.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails