Sunday, August 1, 2010

Planet Hollywood's Chicken Crunch

Whenever I think of this recipe, I think of high school. Whenever my friends and I would go to the Mall of America we would go to Planet Hollywood (it is sadly no longer there) and all of us would get the chicken! This copy-cat recipe is not the same as the good thing, but I still really like it!  I also made Planet Hollywood's Creole Mustard Sauce to go with it. I don't have a deep fryer so I used a skillet instead and things turned out just fine! I used chicken breasts and cut them in half to make 'tenders'. This recipe is from the Cooking with Kare cookbook.

Planet Hollywood's Chicken Crunch
  •  2 1/2 cups captain crunch cereal
  • 2 cups corn flakes
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoon granulated onion
  • 2 teaspoon granulated garlic
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
  • Vegetable oil for frying
Coarsely grind or crush the cereal and place in a shallow dish. In another dish combine flour, onion, garlic and pepper; mix well. In medium bowl beat eggs with milk until well blended. Coat chicken with flour. Dip into egg mixture and then into cereal mixture. Place on waxed paper. Heat oil in deep fat fryer to 325 degrees. Fry several pieces of coated chicken at a time, turning after 3 minutes. Keep warm in low oven until all chicken is fried.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails