Monday, August 9, 2010

Chicken-Potato Chowder

I found this recipe in Pillsbury's Fast & Healthy Cookbook, and it is originally called Smoked Turkey-Potato Chowder, but I had chicken on hand so I used that instead! I also added some green beans and green onions to the mix.  This recipe is good, but it doesn't have much flavor so I had to add more pepper and some seasoned salt to the soup.  It is definitely super easy and quick to make! The picture is from pillsbury.com since I left my camera in my car..

Chicken-Potato Chowder
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 cup sliced celery (2 medium stalks)
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 3 cups frozen potatoes O'Brien with onions and peppers
  • 6 ounces smoked turkey breast
  • 1 cup frozen sweet peas
  • 2 cups fat-free milk
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
In 3-quart saucepan, melt better over medium heat. Add celery; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.

Stir in flour and pepper until well blended. Increase heat to medium-high; gradually stir in broth, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.

Stir in potatoes, turkey breast, peas, and milk. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender. Stir in parsley during last 2 minutes of cook time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails