I posted an update to this recipe here.
An Asian-inspired dish. Adapted from Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Cooking 2.
Salad with French Beans and Spicy Peanut Dressing
Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen french cut green beans
- 1 head lettuce (recipe called for frisee lettuce, I used spinach)
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, for garnish
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sliced ginger
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 can (8.5 ounce) cream of coconut
- 1 jar (18 ounce) smooth peanut butter
- 1-2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jar (8.5 ounce) hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
Thaw green beans in a colander and pat dry to remove excess water. Clean lettuce and cut into bite size pieces if necessary; set aside.
In a food processor, combine the green onions, garlic, ginger, and jalapeno. Process until uniform. Add the oil and process briefly to form a paste.
Transfer paste to a large bowl. Whisk in cream of coconut. Add peanut butter and 1 cup warm water. Add the remaining water, 1 tablespoon or so at a time, if necessary to make dressing a smooth consistency. Whisk in cilantro, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce.
2.5/5. This had WAY too much peanut butter. I would use only half of the jar, if even that. The hoisin sauce has excellent flavor, and I was about the use the whole jar! I omitted the jalapeno-simply because I forgot to buy it. This is definitely a recipe that makes six FULL servings, so don't make more than you need! I'm not 100% set on making this again, but we'll see...