Salad with Green Beans and Peanut Dressing
Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen french cut green beans
- 1 head lettuce
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sliced ginger
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 jar (18 ounce) smooth peanut butter
- 1-2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jar (8.5 ounce) hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
Thaw green beans in a colander and pat dry to remove excess water. Clean lettuce and cut into bite size pieces if necessary; set aside.
In a food processor, combine the green onions, garlic, ginger, and jalapeno. Process until uniform. Add the oil and process briefly to form a paste.
Transfer paste to a large bowl. Add peanut butter and 1 cup warm water. Add the remaining water, 1 tablespoon or so at a time, if necessary to make dressing a smooth consistency. Whisk in cilantro, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce.