Thursday, December 5, 2013

Sun-Dried Tomato Guacamole

For tacos tonight, I decided to try a new guacamole. To be honest, the base of the guac still came from my favorite, go-to guac, but I switched up a few things. I swapped out the tomatoes and onion in the original, to add sun dried tomatoes, sour cream and tabasco sauce. For me, this was too spicy--pretty sure it was the tabasco, I'm just not a fan. But Scott loved it. Just make sure you dice the tomatoes really small, otherwise they get a little chewy.

Sun-Dried Tomato Guacamole-adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Serves 6

  • 4 avocados
  • 1 jalapeno, diced
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 3 teaspoons lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon tabasco
Peel and remove the inside of the avocados from the shell into a medium bowl. Mash avocados and stir in the remainder of the ingredients. You can add additional to taste.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails