Wednesday, October 6, 2010

De-Lightful Tuna Casserole

This casserole was quick and easy to make-probably a new one of my favorites! I used way more mushrooms that it originally called for-but I love mushrooms! I also added green onions to the dish, since I had some extra laying around.  I didn't have any shredded cheddar, so I used mozzarella instead. I also had to use Kraft Macaroni & Cheese noodles, since I went to the gas station to buy noodles. Since I had the cheese packet, and a little less cheese than the recipe called for, I added the cheese packet. I can't complain!

De-Lightful Tuna Casserole from Taste of Home
De-Lightful Tuna Casserole
  • 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
  • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup fat-free milk
  • 1 can (6 ounces) light water packed tuna, drained and flaked
  • 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
  • 3 tablespoons dried minced onions
  • 1 teaspoon ground mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, cheese, milk, tuna, pimientos onion, mustard and salt. Drain macaroni; add to tuna mixture and mix well.

Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cornflakes. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails