Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New German Potato Salad

I was really excited to try this recipe, since normally when you think potato salad you think of the mayo/mustard seasoning type. This did not turn out quite like I wanted it to. The combination of the rice vinegar and sugar made it very sweet. I actually ended up using quite a bit of salt and pepper to cut the sweetness. I may play around with this, but I'm not totally sure if I really want to.  If anyone else has any ideas let me know!


New German Potato Salad-from Cooking with Kare Volume 1


New German Potato Salad
  • 8 new red potatoes
  • 2 ounces smoked turkey sausage, sliced
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 3/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon bacon bits
In 2-quart saucepan cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain; cool slightly. Slice while still warm. In large bowl toss together potatoes, sausage and green onions. In medium skillet heat vinegar, sugar and bacon bits over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in potato mixture; cook until heated through.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails