Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Savory Ham Wraps

POST #100!

I'm strangely excited about that!

I made this recipe about a week ago. It is super easy and you can make the mayo (and the wraps) the night before.  The mayo was a little sweet for my taste, but not so overwhelming that it was bad. I really liked this because it was a nice change from normal mayo! I'll definitely be making it again.  The recipe is for 2 servings, which is perfect, especially since the mayo has some perishable foods that you don't want to leave sitting forever!

I omitted the tomato because I'm not a tomato fan. I also used cheddar instead of swiss, but that really isn't the main point of the dish!

Savory Ham Wraps
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 3/4 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
  • 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
  • Dash salt
  • 2 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
  • 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
  • 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
  • 2/3 cup shredded lettuce
  • 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
  • 1 green onion, chopped
In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients; spread evenly over each tortilla. Layer with ham and cheese. Top with lettuce, tomato and onion. Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks if desired.

Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails