Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chicken & Stuffing Bake

I normally do not like stuffing. I just don't like the consistency. I, however, don't mind it when it is in a casserole of some sort. I was excited to try this recipe as it was super easy, but it wasn't excellent. It seemed a little dry to me, and I would honestly probably add another can of cream of mushroom soup to it and mix that with the stuffing instead of putting the stuffing on the bottom of the dish, and chicken on top.  I did add cheese, bread crumbs, and onions which only added to the dish. I'll probably play around with this and try it again!





Chicken & Stuffing Bake
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon margarine
  • 4 cups herb-flavored stuffing mix
  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
  • 1/8 teaspoon paprika
  • 10 3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley
Bring water and margarine to a boil in a large saucepan; remove from heat. Stir in stuffing mix. Spoon mixture across center of a lightly greased 3-quart casserole dish. Arrange chicken on each side of stuffing. Sprinkle with paprika; set aside. Combine soup, milk and parsley; pour over chicken. Bake, covered at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake for an additional 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails