Thursday, September 16, 2010

Grilled Fish with Bruschetta

So I don't have a grill, but I got the Taste of Home Best Barbeque book as a trial offer, so I try to make as much as I can anyway.  The fish cooked fine on the griddle, but the Bruschetta did not turn out whatsoever. I'm still putting the recipe here, as I still think this would be very good!  It is also gluten-free if you don't make the bruschetta!


I was not particularly fond of the flavor of the fish-it was just too sweet for me. But I decided to post it as someone might have another idea. You may like it anyway, it wasn't terrible, just not my taste!



Grilled Fish with Bruschetta-adapted from Taste of Home
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Serves 4
  • 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
  • 6 tablespoons lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
  • 3 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each) I used Tilapia
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 8 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
  • 8 ounces Havarti cheese, sliced 
  • 2 cups salsa
In a small skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the onion, lime juice, brown sugar, butter and mustard for 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender and liquid is almost evaporated.

Place each fillet on a double thickeness of heavy-duty foil. Top with onion mixture. Fold foil over fish and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Meanwhile, brush oil over both sides of bread. Grill for 30-60 seconds on each side or until lightly browned. Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese; grill 1 minute longer or until the cheese is melted. Top with salsa.

Open foil packets carefully to allow steam to escape. Serve fish with bruschetta.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails