Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ranch Coleslaw

I am normally not a coleslaw fan, so I was hesitant to try this dish. I found it absolutely delicious!  The flavor combinations are amazing and it is super easy to make!  Just buy some coleslaw at the grocery deli and the rest, you probably have in the pantry (with maybe the exception of the jalapeno).  I only used one half of a jalapeno because I am not a huge fan of them, but if you enjoy the spice, I would recommend a whole one!

Ranch Coleslaw
  • 3 cups coleslaw mix
  • 1/4 cup Mexicorn, drained
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
  • 1 tablspoon minced fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing, lime juice, and cumin. Pour over the coleslaw, toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails