Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Creamy Spring Soup

I know it's about Thanksgiving, and this soup has spring in the title, but it was very good! I also like that this recipe is slated for two servings so I didn't have to cut it in half!  This was definitely yummy and next time I would probably add some mushrooms, and minced garlic instead of the garlic powder.  And I don't know what it is, but whenever I make something with elbow macaroni, I want to add cheese to it! Some shredded cheese on the top of this soup definitely wouldn't be bad!  It is also very quick-about 25 minutes, so it is something very easy to make after work, which is even more awesome since it seems like a lot of times soup can take longer to make!

Also, looking at the soup before I added the milk, it came to me that the majority of these incredients would make a great casserole--I will definitely be trying that out some day!

Creamy Spring Soup from Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking Recipe Cards
  • 1 can reduced soduim chicken broth
  • 4 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 4 baby carrots, julienned
  • 1/2 celery rib, chopped
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • Dash garlic powder
  • Dash pepper
  • 3/4 cup cooked elbow macaroni
  • 1 can (5 1/2 ounces) evaporated milk
  • 3/4 fresh baby spinach
In a saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the macaroni, milk and spinach; heat through.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails