|Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins|
Total Time 30 minutes
Makes 12 Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup wheat flour (you can use all all-purpose flour if desired)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine flours, brown sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Combine water, oil, red wine vinegar, vanilla extract and egg in a bowl, stirring well. Stir chocolate chips into the water mixture. Add water mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
Place 12 muffin cup liners in muffin cups. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle confectioner's sugar over tops of cooled muffins.