|Chicken Pot Pie|
|October 18, 2014|
Total Time 1 hour
- 2 medium carrort, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken brother
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 package refrigerated pie crust, thawed according to package directions
- 1 egg
If cooking right away, preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large stock pot, saute the carrots, onion, celery and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, 1/4 cup cream, parsley, garlic salt and pepper.
Spoon into ungreased 9-inch pie plates. Roll out pastry to fit top of each plate; place over filling. Trim seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. In a small bowl, whisk egg and remining cream, brush over pastry.
Place on baking sheet, and cook in over for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
To freeze, cover in tin foil and seal in large ziploc bag for up to 3 months. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking. Cover edges of crust loosely with foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees; remove foil. Bake 55-60 minutes longer or until golden brown.