Monday, September 17, 2012

Antipasto Pasta Salad

I'm not going to lie. I've bookmarked and pinned a heckuva lot of recipes for antipasto pasta salad. Once, at a tailgate party a friend made something similar to this recipe, and I've wanted to make something like it ever since! Now I have and let me tell you-it was totally worth it!

I think I had about 3 small-ish helpings, and Scott did too last night. Then there was still enough left for lunch this morning. It was absolutely amazing both times. The flavors were great, and we can't think of anything that was missing. Possibly artichoke hearts. But I don't think that will make or break the dish.

This is a recipe where I did buy a "boxed" version of something. I've made Betty Crocker's Simply Salad pasta dishes before, and they're fine. I'm glad I used the Caesar version for this recipe, but I don't feel like this is a "must have" to make the recipe. I think they had you use the Caesar version for a little extra texture. Adding croutons and using rotini pasta I think would work just fine.

I would highly recommend using this for your next get-together or pot-luck. It was incredibly easy and absolutely delicious!

Antipasto Pasta Salad
Antipasto Pasta Salad-adapted from Betty Crocker
Total Time 25 Minutes
Serves 6
  • Betty Crocker's Suddenly Salad Caesar pasta salad mix (or rotini pasta & croutons)
  • 1/2 cup Italian dressing
  • 6 ounces torn romain lettuce
  • 6 ounces cubed summer sausage
  • 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 4 ounces cheddar jack cheese cubes
  • 1 can sliced ripe olives, drained
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and transfer to a large bowl

In addition to the pasta, combine the rest of the ingredients in the bowl. Mix thoroughly. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails