Sunday, October 7, 2012

Baked Oven Fries

I have seen this post everywhere on Pinterest and I finally got around to making them! Overall, the fries were very easy to make. I didn't think they were very flavorful-we had to use a lot of ranch and ketchup. However, I would still make them again. I might just add some chives and more seasoned salt the next time.

Also, in my quest to get healthy, I am now using Spark Recipes to calculate nutrition facts at the bottom of my posts. If I use a reduced fat/sodium/anything in my recipes, I will note it in the ingredients list. Actual nutritional value may vary with any substitutions you use.

Baked Oven Fries

Baked Oven Fries-adapted from Annie's Eats
Total Time: 1 Hour
Serves 4
  • 3 russet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise
  • 5 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Place potato wedges in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Let soak 10-30 minutes. Pour 4 tablespoons of oil onto a rimmed baking sheet, and use a pastry brush to cover the entire pan. Sprinkle the pan with salt and pepper.

Drain the potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. Return to mixing bowl and toss with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place flat and evenly on the baking sheet. Cover with tin foil, and bake for 5 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake 15-20 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown, rotating the baking sheet after 10 minutes. Flip the potato wedges, but keep them in a single layer on the pan. Continue cooking 5-15 more minutes, or until crisp.


Nutrition Facts

  4 Servings
Amount Per Serving
  Calories363.6
  Total Fat17.1 g
     Saturated Fat2.4 g
     Polyunsaturated Fat1.5 g
     Monounsaturated Fat12.4 g
  Cholesterol0.0 mg
  Sodium452.9 mg
  Potassium1,171.8 mg
  Total Carbohydrate48.7 g
     Dietary Fiber6.2 g
     Sugars2.2 g
  Protein5.6 g

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails