Friday, October 12, 2012

Layered Tortellini Salad

I was kind of nervous to make this recipe. I'm not sure why-but I think it was the cabbage. I haven't worked much with it so it kind of scares me. I'm so glad I made this though! It was absolutely fantastic! I don't have a glass bowl, so I couldn't take a great picture of the layers, but it doesn't even matter with how awesome this was! The flavor of the dressing was an awesome surprise! Make this for your next potluck-you won't be disappointed!

Layered Tortellini Salad
Layered Tortellini Salad-Adapted from Taste of Home
Total Time 30 Minutes + Chilling
Serves 12

  • 1/2 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon dired dill
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
  • 1 package (20 oz) cheese filled tortellini
  • 2 cups shredded red cabbage
  • 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
  • 8 ounces diced colby jack cheese
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes
  • 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
  • 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
For dressing, place the first eight ingredients in a blender. Cover and process until blended; process 1-2 minutes longer or until smooth.

Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water

In a large glass bowl, layer the cabbage, lettuce, and tortellini. Top with cheese, bacon, onion and tomato. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Drizzle with dressing. Toss to coat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this! This looks sooooo good!

I work with AllFreeCasseroleRecipes and have been trying to contact you. Please email me if there is a good way to reach you. Thanks!

Adam Kaplan
akaplan@primecp.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails