Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes

I love mashed potatoes. And I tend to think that I make some of the best potatoes. I hate peeling them, so I don't-I just throw them in quartered. I then usually add some milk, butter and seasoned salt and pepper. If I have any shredded cheese or sour cream, I'll add those too.

This is a recipe I've been wanting to try for awhile now. This is a great recipe when you have some buttermilk left over from a recipe and you don't know what you're going to do with it! I'll definitely make it again!

Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes-adapted from Meals Made Easy by Real Simple
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves 6

  • 3/4  pound russet potatoes, quartered (and peeled, if desired)
  • 2  teaspoons  kosher salt
  • 4  tablespoons  butter
  • 1  cup  buttermilk
  • 1/4  teaspoon  freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/8  teaspoon  freshly grated nutmeg
Place the potatoes in a saucepan with 3 quarts of cold water and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well and return to saucepan; mash.

Put all ingredients into the same pan and mix well until heated through.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails