Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Green Beans with Shallot Dressing & Brazil Nuts

I found this recipe on the Tasty Kitchen website.  I looked it up because I had extra shallots left over from my ravioli recipe and didn't want them to go to waste.  I omitted the tomatoes because I don't like tomatoes (I keep trying them but keep not liking them!).  I also used almonds instead of brazil nuts because that is what I had lying around!  I served them with the Dijon-Pepper Steak.




Green Beans with Shallot Dressing & Brazil Nuts

  • 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinager
  • 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
  • 1 Tablespoon Minced Shallot
  • 2 Tablespoons Good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 4 cups Green Beans
  • ½ pints Grape Tomatoes
  • ½ cups Brazil Nuts (or Your Choice Nuts)
Mix the vinegar, mustard, and shallots in a bowl and let sit while you put a pot of water on the stove for the green beans. Once the water starts to boil, put the green beans in. Cook for just under 5 minutes (they will be crispy and bright green).
Meanwhile, drizzle the olive oil into the red wine and shallot dressing. Make sure you stir the dressing while you drizzle in the olive oil.
Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Taste the dressing. You may want it tangier (add more vinegar) or spicier (add more mustard).
Chop the Brazil nuts and set aside for later use.
Drain the green beans and add them (still warm) to the dressing along with the sweet grape tomatoes and toss everything together.
Adjust seasonings as necessary and top with chopped Brazil nuts. Enjoy!

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails