I wasn't particularly fond of them. I think I should have added some cinnamon sugar or something. They weren't terrible, but I prefer the store bought brand :P
Homemade Graham Crackers
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar, Lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 7 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Cut into 1-inch cubes and frozen)
- 1/3 cup Honey, Mild-flavoured such as clover.
- 5 tablespoons Whole Milk
- 2 tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract
2. In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together the honey, milk and vanilla. Add to the flour mixture until the dough barely comes together. It will be very soft and sticky.
3. Turn the dough onto a surface well-floured and pat the dough into a rectangle about 1 inch thick. Wrap in plastic and chill until firm, about 2 hours, or overnight.
4. Divide the dough in half and return one half to the refrigerator. Sift an even layer of flour onto the work surface and roll the dough into a long rectangle, about 1/8 inch thick. The dough will be quite sticky, so flour as necessary. Cut into 4 by 4 inch squares. Gather the scraps together and set aside. Place wafers on one or two parchment-lined baking sheets. Chill until firm, about 30 to 45 minutes. Repeat with the second batch of dough.
5. Adjust the rack to the upper and lower positions and preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
6. Gather the scraps together into a ball, chill until firm, and reroll. Dust the surface with more sweet rice flour and roll out the dough to get a couple more wafers.
7. Prick the wafers with toothpick or fork, not all the way through, in two or more rows.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, until browned and slightly firm to the touch, rotating sheets halfway through to ensure even baking. Might take less, and the starting location of each sheet may determine its required time. The ones that started on the bottom browned faster.